- The property of a sound and especially a musical tone that is determined by the frequency of the waves producing it highness or lowness of sound.
- A deposit on the earth of hail, mist, rain, sleet or snow; also the quantity of water deposited.
- Human activities used to create, invent, design, transform, produce, control, maintain and use products or systems. A systematic sequence of actions that combines resources to produce an output.
- Any of various organisms (such as a green plant) that produce their own organic compounds from simple precursors (such as carbon dioxide and inorganic nitrogen) and many of which are food sources for other organisms..
- A full-scale working model used to test a design concept by making actual observations and necessary adjustments.
- The return of light or sound waves from a surface.
- Deflection from a straight path undergone by a light ray or energy wave in passing obliquely from one medium (as air) into another (as glass) in which its velocity is different.
- In a technological system, the basic technological resources are energy, capital, information, machines and tools, materials, people and time.
- To move in a curved path around a center or axis.
- To turn about and axis or a center.
- Sedimentary Rocks
- Rocks formed from material, including debris of organic origin, deposited as sediment by water, wind or ice and then consolidated by pressure.
- A rough drawing that represents the main features of an object or scene and often used as a preliminary study.
- Solar System
- A star (as the Sun) together with a group of celestial bodies that are held by its attraction and that revolve around it.
- A substance that does not flow perceptibly under moderate stress, has a definite capacity for resisting forces (as compression and tension) that tend to deform it, and under ordinary conditions, retains a definite size and shape.
- Synthetic Material
- Material that is not found in nature, such as Styrofoam, concrete or plastics.
- A group of interacting, interrelated or independent elements or parts that function together as a whole to accomplish a goal.